Monday, September 22, 2008

HELP!

Alright everyone I need some help. We are having some trouble finding a caterer for our wedding reception and I'm curious if any one has some recommendations. We've tried about 5 or 6 caterers and so far are coming up empty. The professional catering companies haven't returned our calls and the individuals referred by friends all have sold their business and don't do it any longer. We have a few last things to try but my mom almost feels like we're getting prompted to do the food ourselves, which for me is the last thing I wanted to do. We've had a number of people offer to help out that evening with serving but I always wanted my reception to be an event where friends and family could come and have fun, not be put to work. I'm so greatful that we have so many people that are willing to help, and maybe I shouldn't turn down their offer/opportunity to do service but it just seems like such a large task for us to take on ourselves. Add to that the stress of coordinating, preparing, storing the food and renting equipment to keep it warm and I'm really just dreading going down the DIY road. All the rest of the planning has gone remarkable smoothe and I guess it was just too good to think we weren't going to have any hiccups. This really is the last big thing we have to nail down and I'm so surprised it's been this difficult.

6 comments:

Meagan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chad~Nicole said...

I'll get back to you on the food thing. I'll ask my mom. When I first saw your comment on my blog I was thinking, "Who is Nate & Jenny?" Duh!

Birches said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CDR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chad~Nicole said...

I asked my mom about the catering. She said she's heard Alasta and Roberts are good.

Gardners said...

I called earlier today, but didn't catch you; Veronica and my friend Bryndee has a sister that caters. She said she was awesome to work with, will do any type of food/style you would like, and is significantly cheaper than most companies! Give me a call and I'll give you her info. Good lookin' blog Jenny!! I'm so excited you've joined the gang!