Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's November?

So I looked at my last post and realized it has been a while since I've given everyone an update, so here's what we've been up to. Halloween was a little quiet for us this year. We don't have any kiddos to dress up and take out trick-or-treating so I don't have any cute pictures. Neither Nate nor I really wanted to go to a big party with 100+ people so while we brainstormed lots of costume ideas, with no where to wear them to I didn't see much point in spending the money to put something together. We'll do better next year I promise. While on the surface it might sound like we were bums, we did have fun on Halloween as we spent time with our friends the Gardners. McKenna made us some awesome lasagna for dinner and we played Scene It which Nate and I won though I won't say by how much.
Speaking of dinner, I'm well on my way to getting myself banned from the kitchen. Now that's not a comment on my cooking as I have decent culinary skills and feel fairly comfortable in the kitchen. Though you might not know it since I've recently had 3 minor kitchen related injuries. First, I recently made some potato soup and while I was pouring the remainder into a Tupperware container a small amount splashed up and hit me on the very outside corner of my eyelid. It was still a little warm so I woke up the next morning with a slightly swollen eye. Secondly, a few nights later I was getting some milk out of the fridge and my roommate and I both had gallons of milk in the shelf in the door. It was a little bit of a snug fit and as I pulled my gallon out I managed to knock her gallon and the whole shelf out of the fridge. I have great aim because her full gallon landed right on my foot with the cap hitting me directly on a vein, giving me a nice bruise. Lastly I decided to try my hand at enchiladas last weekend and was chopping up a jalapeno. I took care to scoop out all the seeds into the sink but I must have picked an especially spicy jalapeno because by the time I was all done with everything the tops of my fingers, not the tips, were on fire and my lips were burning though I hadn't taken a taste. Nate's come to the conclusion that my food tastes good because I literally put a little bit of me into everything. Despite his veiled threats to remove me from the kitchen, I'm determined not to let my hubby go hungry and will continue to diligently hone my cooking skills. It was just an extra reason for him to come home though as I was literally falling apart with out him.
Which leads me into the announcement that Nate is officially back in the Valley and actually has moved all of his stuff from his apartment in Glendale into his parents' house in Mesa. It's so nice to have him be that close so that one of us doesn't have to drive an hour (or more) to see each other. We can actually act like a true engaged couple and see each other almost every day. YAY!!! It's also nice to know that we will never have to be that far apart for that long again, we made it through. Ironically anyone notice what's gone on with gas prices in the last couple weeks. Having Nate close by has also helped kick wedding planning back into high gear. I/we got a lot of big things done early on and then the last month has been relatively calm. I have a sneaking suspicion that that's all over as we're heading into that realm where the wedding seems far away but it really isn't. We are under 60 days!! But in the last week we've gotten a lot accomplished. We planned out our wedding cake, we've secured a place for the luncheon, and we finished up our engagement photos. Now I don't want to ruin the surprise but I thought I could put a up one of the ones we're probably not using for the invitations.

Here we are heading off into our happily ever after.

And here's a short video that Nate's brother, Danny, took. The voice in the background is Nate's dad, and no Nate's comment has nothing to do with my weight.

4 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Maybe you should avoid the kitchen until after the wedding. I don't want you to have a black eye for the wedding.

CDR said...

Jenny-
I am going to tell on you (no decorations) I am so excited for you- and can't wait to give you a big congrats hug and meet your hubby! Yea for Jenny! The day is almost here.

Michelle and Aaron said...

Jenny, I'm a little bit disappointed that the gallon of milk didn't explode on impact. That would have made the ending even more dramatic. Plus spilled milk is so much fun to clean up...

CDR said...

Jenny-
I am sorry I did not make it the shower, we were out of town-I hope you got the message. I have a gift for you. Maybe I will drop it by the old Jackson house. The invite said I could do naughty or nice, so I did both. He he.
Chari