Sunday, August 22, 2010

Diary of a Residency Widow: Bring Me a Dream



Dear Mr. Sandman-
We need to talk. Over the years we have had a fairly good relationship, much better than your counterpart Mr. Alarm-Clock. I look forward to your nightly visits, yet lately on nights when my dear husband is away on call you've been consistently tardy. Don't you know it is rude to leave a lady waiting? 1am on a weeknight is unacceptable and unsustainable on a regular basis, afterall I have a dog that likes to get up early and a job to get to in the morning. Please don't tell me that you're like Santa Clause and won't come by until everyone in the family is tucked safely in bed before you come. I don't buy it and I know that you visit Buster regularly when he's home alone. We never had this problem during the years before I got married so I didn't think it would be an issue now. I'll cut you some slack since there is always going to be an adjustment period when it come to new things but I hope it is short lived or we have a long three years ahead of us. I would appreciate if you rectify this situation sooner rather than later.

Sweet Dreams,
The Residency Widow

2 comments:

Birches said...

Oh I have the same problem when Aaron's gone with Scouts now. But when we first got married he used to work nights (and we lived in the ghetto) and I had no problem sleeping. Go figure!

Gardners said...

I sleep so soundly without a snore to interrupt...

Take a hot bath before bed; might help.