Friday, January 30, 2009

Where have we been?

Well it's official, we have been married for a whole month and we haven't killed each other yet. Just kidding, we love married life but we have definitely been keeping busy. The last few weeks have mostly been spent moving Nate's stuff into the house, combining my stuff and his stuff, buying new stuff to replace worn out old stuff that we might not have gotten from the wedding, and finding places for this new stuff which has resulted in reorganizing every room in the house. I love my house and I feel very blessed that I bought it when I did so that we could have somewhere nice to live but I think it almost would have been easier if we were starting fresh in a new house. For the last few months my (now our) house has been in a cylcical wave of clutter/boxes and disorganization. From wedding stuff, to my roommate moving out, to new stuff and my hubby moving in. There have definitely been days where the mess felt overwhelming and I didn't think it would ever get put back together again. Luckily it appears there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We're nearly there and then our house will be better (and more organized) than it's ever been. We can rest assured we've done our part to try to help the economy or at the very least we've kept trashmen employed.


Sadly this is not the only stack of boxes, we made at least 3 or 4 trips like this. On the plus side I do have a nice pile of stuff to take to DI.

In other news, Nate turned 28 on January 21st! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUD! Hope the next 27 are even better than the last.

P.S. If you or someone you know gave us an Oneida pizza stone please step forward. :) There was no card, or it may have fallen off, and I want to make sure we get everyone thanked.

4 comments:

Tiffany Matthews said...

it was my gma

Birches said...

Embrace the clutter. It never gets better :)

Ashley said...

Good Luck living with a boy and trying to keep things clean! :)

The Simisters said...

It was fun to read about your wedding day! Steve and I are happy for the both of you and we were sad we couldn't be at your wedding. Congrats again!