Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reunited

Then...

...And now.


Last weekend we had a mini reunion with my best friends from high school. I've known these girls since I was 15. We've graduated high school and college together, we've seen each other get married and have kids. We've been together as teenagers and adults seeing the good and the bad. Until I got sisters in law, they were the closest thing I had to sisters and even though we have our own lives and go months, even years, without seeing each other I still consider them some of my closest friends. It never fails that when any of us get together the time will be filled with laughter.
On June 5 we got together with our families and had a bbq. It was the first time that all of us had been together for a year (I think we had everyone at McKenna's shower). True to form we laughed till our cheeks and our stomaches hurt, and it was way past our bedtimes. We had a great time catching up on all sorts of stories, many of which included labor and parenting so we didn't have much to contribute then but we had lots to learn.
Thanks girls for a great night and we look forward to doing it again real soon.

2 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Love that EFY picutre. Why are my pants so high?

Natalie said...

Great pictures! Soon you will be able to experience your own story of labor. I am glad we got together too. It was a lot of fun.