Monday, July 27, 2009

Back on the board

It has been a while since I've posted, but July has been kinds of slow for us and there really hasn't been much to report. This past Saturday though we finally made it out to the lake for the first time this year. We had made plans several previous times to go on a lake trip but all of our plans were thwarted. One weekend my mom and I ended up getting sick. Another time we got out to the lake, waited in the overflow for a while, got the boat backed down the launch ramp and then the boat wouldn't start.
This weekend it was perfect. Despite it being Saturday, the boat traffic was light and the water was calm. Nate and I strapped on the wakeboards and hit the water. It was fun to see how our recent workout program has helped our endurance.

After wearing ourselves out on the boards for a while we took a break and Nate got a chance to take the captain's chair and drive us around the lake.


The we pumped up the tube, Tyler's favorite. I decided to pass on the tube this time since the last few times I'd ridden the tube I felt really hurt the next day, plus I'd taken a pretty good faceplant on the wakeboard that had popped me out of my boots earlier.
Nate got whipped around....


Tyler hung on for dear life...


Even my mom took a ride.


Everyone had fun playing on the water and hopefully it's not another year before we get back out there.

2 comments:

Birches said...

So fun! I've become more scared of faceplants as I've grown older --- I don't blame you for not participating on the tube.

Gardners said...

Yeah right, you know you are knocked up and have to take extra caution...j/k. I'm so glad you guys are getting out there! :)