Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Someone's in the Kitchen

Becoming unemployed has given me the time to do a few projects that I have wanted to do but haven't had the time to previously. Let's face it, I have to find ways to keep myself busy, and day time TV isn't very good. The biggest project I decided to take on was painting my kitchen cabinets.



I've thought about this project for months, bringing home paint numerous paint swatches to try and decide on a color. I had the hardest time deciding on a look that would go the rest of the decor. Then I found it, the color I thought would tie it all together and I couldn't wait to get started. With 13 cabinet doors, and 10 drawers I figured the kitchen was small enough to complete in a couple days. I was wrong. Everything about this project took twice as long as I thought it would. Emptying out the cabinets and drawers; cleaning off everything, sanding, and priming.



Finally we could paint.



Almost a full week after starting, everything was done and ready to be put back together. With the addition of a few knobs and pulls, the kitchen is complete and I love it. I think I've had my fill of painting projects for the year though.

2 comments:

Tiffany Matthews said...

It looks great you are amazing I don't think I would want to take that on.

Gardners said...

Ooh-la-la! How lovely!! I can't wait to see it in person. It looks really fantastic. I'd say I'm impressed, but to be honest, everything you undertake turns out fantastic like this, so I guess now it's just expected! :)