Friday, January 15, 2010

Movin on up!


You may remember this post where I talked about the graduation of our senior nursery. After church on the final Sunday of 2009, we had an unexpected discussion with the our bishopric's second counselor and we were asked if we would be willing to move on with our senior nursery and become Sunbeam teachers. Finding no good reason to say no, we agreed realizing the challenge and the patience we would need in the weeks ahead. Three weeks in the transition has gone about how we expected as we try to keep their interest, and them in their seats.

On their first Sunday in primary they received their own paper back copy of the Book of Mormon in a fabric carrying pouch. They were all excited to receive their own scriptures. "My dad's going to be so proud of me," exclaimed on little boy. Once they discovered that there were also pictures inside everyone want to find the picture of Jesus in their copy. "I can't find my Jesus!" They were also thrilled to find pictures of "pirates," also known as Lehi and his family on the boat to the Americas. In the coming weeks hopefully we will find ways to teach them about the gospel and that we will find joy in the calling.

3 comments:

CDR said...

Yea for you~ I love the anniversary post. Jenny, do you have plans this Saturday for lunch? Face book me. :)

Ashley said...

Seriously, you two will be soooo ready when you become parents! I wish that my kids had you as Sunbeams teachers!

Gardners said...

Good luck! You guys will do great, and now that I'm on the opposite side of things - those parents are SO happy to have such capable individuals spending time teaching the Gospel to their precious children!