Thursday, March 18, 2010

Game-Set-Match

About six months ago we started on a journey. A journey that would decide the next three years of our life and the next step in Nate's career. It was the journey to get into a residency program. We looked at all our options here in the Valley, and thoughtfully considered other possibilities elsewhere that might be good for our family. There were a few trips for Nate to go to interviews, and numerous dinners where we played the schmooze game, a game which I've never particularly enjoyed.

Then came the time for decisions. After much pondering and discussion, Nate set his list of preferred programs and then we waited as it was out of our hands. We counted down the days and we waited for the day when we would find out where he would match. Today the waiting finally paid off. Today we found out that Nate will be part of the 2013 class at the Scottsdale Healthcare Family Medicine Residency Program. HIS #1 CHOICE!!!

We're so excited that he's going to be at Scottsdale, and so relieved to finally know where we'll be for the next three years and know it means we don't have to move. I find it funny how both of us have come full circle in our jobs. After 3.5 years I'm back working for my old boss and he's back working at Scottsdale Healthcare where he used to work as a health unit coordinator.

I think this calls for a celebration.

1 comments:

Gardners said...

YAAAAAAAAY!!! Gosh, I was so nervous reading that first few sentences that I had to just skip down to the answer! Of course then I read more thoroughly...
I am so happy for you guys, and by golly, for me! That means we can still be rowdy friends together! YAY!

Congrats Matthews!