Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanking My Lucky Stars

It never ceases to amaze me how we can look back at the events of our lives and see how the seemingly meaningless or frustrating times really do all come together for our good. I can do this with all sorts of areas of my life but today my attention is drawn to the work realm.

Today I got a phone call from one of my bosses at my previous job. We've kept in touch from time to time over the past 2 years since I left but this phone call was particularly interesting for my previous job was at a subsidary of AIG. I'm not sure if you all have kept up on the news lately but things have not been going well for AIG as they essentially were taken over by the government and they are now selling many of the portions/subsidaries that aren't part of the primary insurance buisness that will remain. Two of the divisions I worked for are a part of this firesale therefore they don't know how much longer they will all have jobs. So after 17 years with the company that had been around for 20, my former boss is in the unlucky position of having to find a new job. Lucky star #1=I left AIG when I did.

Lucky star #2 is also job related as shortly after I started at my current job 2 years ago things got a little "hairy" and there was a period of time where I wasn't sure if I was going to need to find another job. Luckily everything has turned out fine and I'm still here but for quite a while I was searching for other options. I applied and interviewed with a number of commercial real estate lenders, developers, etc. for jobs that I was perfectly qualfied for. Alas time after time nothing came through and I was throughly frustrated but felt deep inside that I was being told it wasn't my time to leave and I should stay put. Thank goodness I listened because with the current state of the industry I know companies have had to cut back and I would have been the first to go.

I am so greatful for a Heavenly Father who has an understanding of the bigger plan, truly does have my best interests at heart and knows what's good for me better than I do. As was mentioned in this last conference, it doesn't mean things are going to be easy (I hope you know, we had a hard time) but if you're prepared, ask for guidance and then listen He will not let you go astray and you will be put in the places where you need to be.

1 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Isn't it amazing how everything ALWAYS works out just like it's supposed to?