Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Valentine's Day

Ok I know this is a little bit late but I wanted to document how sweet my husband is. In all my years I've only had 2 good Valentine's Days (one of which being this year), so historically it's been more S.A.D. (Singles Awareness Day) than a day of love. I woke up Saturday morning to a dozen red roses next to our bed and even though I didn't get a picture of them before they started dying, they were beautiful to wake up to. Nate gave me a very sweet card and then went downstairs to make me/us waffles for breakfast. I had to laugh when he told me he was going to make waffles because I had had the thought of making him waffles for breakfast. We often end up thinking the same thing and this time he beat me to it.
For my gift he got me an herb garden and I absolutely swooned over it. It was so thoughtful as I had wanted to start another herb garden since it's warming up. He'd been planning it for weeks and even consulted my mom on what kind of herbs would be good to plant. I love the mental image I have of him picking out the plants and potting them for me the day before while I was at work. He can be wonderfully sneaky sometimes.


That evening we decided to use a gift certificate Nate's sister Ellen had given him for his birthday and went to dinner at Romeo's Euro Cafe in downtown Gilbert. The restaurant is fairly small but they have a huge menu and the portions are big enough to share or take the rest home for a second meal. Also should you go and get a salad with your dinner, I definitely recommend the feta dressing, YUMMY!

Overall it was a fun day with my hubby and I'm glad to have retired from S.A.D.

0 comments: