Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home again, home again

Nate came home safe and sound from his trip to Portland. I enjoy having my buddy back to warm my side of the bed before I get in, plus he brought me these...

bacon maple bar Peanut butter and oreo
from Voodoo Doughnut.

This quirky independent doughnut shop has been featured on a number of food and travel shows. I've wanted to go there for a while should I have the chance to visit Portland again one day, so you can imagine my disappointment when we decided it would not be practical for me to join Nate on his trip. Luckily that disappointment was erased as my sweet husband carefully wrapped up the doughnuts in their white paper bag, stowed them away in his backpack, and flew them home. That is true love right there.

Let me tell you the bacon maple bar, while strange looking, is mouthwateringly delicious. Crisp thick bacon with just a hint of smoke, not-too-sweet maple glaze, and soft fresh yeasty dough, it's like a breakfast platter in your hand. As Nate told me about his trip I devoured my delectable treat only to realize after the fact that I hadn't taken a picture of it. Thankfully Voodoo Doughnut and the internet filled in where I fell short.

I guess in the end time apart wont be so bad as we appreciate our time together that much more...plus there's the possibility of goodies. Wonder what he could bring me back from Tucson?

Kill Wilbur

2 comments:

Becca said...

Well, Beyond Bread would be an awesome treat from Tucson - Tim and I love all the breads there, but Rustic was an all time favorite - there's an insiders opinion. Oh, and they are tasty and healthier than bacon donuts - although I won't mind having a donut right now...

Gardners said...

Hmm, I guess I would have to try it. For some reason, it's not looking so great to me...
That was "sweet" of him, though!!