Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 10: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies



A holiday staple of every school age child is the school play. In fourth grade my teachers decided to put on a rendition of The Nutcracker. I can be pretty shy when it comes to preforming in public and would much rather be part of the supporting cast. Instead I ended up with a part as a sugar plum fairy, I'm pretty sure that Chari put me up to it. I am not a dancer. I never took ballet and only had a few tap classes. I feel fairly confident in saying this was my first and only time dressed in a tutu and it was in public no less. This picture, taken shortly before we took our places on stage, captures my feelings perfectly.



Terror, butterflies in my stomach, if I don't breathe maybe I'll pass out and wont have to go on stage. Luckily all went well and I didn't fall off stage, though I've never put on a tutu again.

2 comments:

Gardners said...

That is AWESOME - that's all I have to say about that!!

CDR said...

Jenny- you look adorable.