Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 17: Home for the Holidays

My favorite part of our trip to Utah, by far, was time we got to spend with family in a way that we haven't done in quite a while. We saw numerous cousins and their spouses/fiances whom we haven't met before. The timing of our visit also worked out perfectly that we were able to attend the missionary homecoming talk of my cousin Ryan. Seeing the little boy I mostly remember up on the stand as a 6'4" return missionary was quite a change. Back at my aunt's house, the house was full of food, people, and conversation. It was reminiscent of our family gatherings of yore only instead of playing hide and seek we discussed politics, law, sports, and cousin Jessica's pharmacology/toxicology research. My how times have changed. Little kids are now adults but remain family and thus always a little bit of home.

0 comments: