Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 5: Here We Come a Wassailing

A couple of years ago I spent Christmas Eve with the family of the guy I was dating at the time. It was really the first time I had seen Christmas first hand with another family. After dinner we gathered around the tree to open up presents. Once we finished with presents it was time to strike a chorus. In the corner of the living room sat a small electric keyboard and a song book tattered from years of use. With everyone crowding together to see the words, we all picked some of our favorite Christmas songs to sing. I admit I felt a little embarrassed since I don't particularly enjoy singing infront of other people. It didn't matter how tone deaf or off key they sang, or if we messed up the words, or if dad really didn't know how to play the song on the keyboard, everyone enjoyed the tradition and the time with their family.

0 comments: