Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 3: Tis the Season to be Jolly

Coming to Arizona removed us from all of our extended family thus we lost a lot of our big family gatherings requiring us to start our own family activities. Every year we go out as a family to one big Christmas event. We have seen The Nutcracker ballet, ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo, A Christmas Carol at Herberger Theater, Michael McLean's The Forgotten Carols at the Orpheum, and Las Noches de las Luminarias at The Desert Botanical Garden just to name a few. When the big night of our family outing arrives, we get dressed up and head out for dinner before going to the event.
I can't really say which outing has been my favorite as they each have something special. I will say that we only went to the ballet once while the others have had repeat years. I am particularly excited for this year's event; this one is going to be big and probably will rank as my favorite for quite a while. I'll save that discussion for another day.

2 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Ooohh, the suspense...

Birches said...

Oh yes, the Nutcracker. I fell asleep when we went. I don't blame you at all :)