Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 13: Oh Come All Ye Faithful

Last year Christmas was extra special. Five days after Christmas Nate and I got married, and two days before I went through the Mesa temple to receive my endowments. What a wonderful gift to be able to experience the temple for the first time days before we celebrate Christ's birth. The day was great as we had the feeling of happiness and peace that the temple brings. I admit there were a few nerves but I was surrounded by the love of friends and family. It felt like a early mini Christmas dinner as we gathered back at my parents' home afterwards. Food covered the kitchen island. Everyone gathered around the kitchen and dining tables to enjoy good food and even better company. I feel so blessed to have family and friends that enjoy spending time together.

4 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

It's hard to believe your one year anniversary is fast approaching! Can you even remember what your life was like before Nate?

Becca said...

I agree with Nicole - Wow! that went by fast. What a wonderful time of year for you - Christmas, a temple marriage anniversary, and remembrance of your endowments - I can't think of better reasons to celebrate!

Gardners said...

I feel so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life that guides my family every day! It truly is a happy season to celebrate!

CDR said...

I love this post! Let us also note, that someone should of given me a HOW TO WEAR A TUTU lesson.