Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 7: Do you hear what I hear?

Years ago my mom switched from real Christmas trees to a fake one in order to help my dad out with his allergies. Before that, however, the trip to the tree lot was a yearly adventure. Walking through the rows and rows of trees, my mom would search for THE perfect one for us to take home. The perfect tree was a Noble Fir with sturdy, full, evenly spaced branches. She had to find the tree that "spoke" to her. The tree that said, "I'm yours, take me home." As a kid sometimes it felt like we searched for hours, but when we got the tree home, and mom worked her decorating magic, it really was the perfect tree. This last weekend as we looked for our own tree, I found myself asking Nate if the one we were looking at "spoke to him."

2 comments:

Gardners said...

Awww, why no picture of your tree? I would love to see what you've done with your first family tree! :)

Jenny said...

Yeah I was a day late, that got it's own post.